Potage De Carottes
500 Grams Carrots Peeled and sliced thinly, about 1/8Th
100 Grams Onion thinly sliced
1,000 CC (1 Gallon) Chicken Stock or if Chicken Stock is not available, 22 Grams Chicken base plus one gallon of water.
50 Grams Cane Sugar
75 Grams Cooked White Rice
Salt and White Pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
Fresh or Dried Chives
1. Put carrots, onion, chicken stock, rice and sugar in stock pot. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover cooking until all the vegetables are soft. (approx. 20-25 min.)
3. Put the soup in the blender in batches, and puree.
4.Once the soup is pureed, put it back on the stove and bring it to a boil once more.
5. When the soup reaches a boil, turn the heat off, taste for seasoning.
6. Add 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter and whisk through.
7. Ladle soup in to warm soup bowl and garnish with heavy cream and chives.
The issuing business is responsible for the accuracy of all coupons and specials.